12/25/2009

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas 2010, everyone! What a beautiful thing it is to sit in front of a beautiful Christmas tree, loaded with gifts from Santa. I know that the kids are going to wake up soon and the insanity will ensue. Right now, I am loving the quiet, peaceful moments.

I am missing my family this year in a way that I haven't in years. I am craving the load craziness that we used to have - the joy, the noise, the people. I wish that I were surrounded, and that our children had the same kind of excitment that I had growing up. I can only do so much to create magic - sometimes other people are needed. I spent quite a bit of time yesterday crying - I'm not that there was any reason, except feeling lonely.

A conversation with Andrea helped pull me out my funk. Last night ended well, although early.

After an incredibly festive season, I am ready to put Christmas away this year and excited to think about how I will avoid these blues next year. We'll be with family - or family will be with us - in some way.

I have a new initiative for this coming year. My goal is to blog every morning, before the kids get up. I have missed blogging my life. I haven't made much time for it and I miss it. I like having the record. The other, more important reason, is that I want to keep a record of how our first year goes as a stay-at-home family. The good, the awesome...the difficult. All of it. I want to have a clear record, so that if lose sight, I have something to look back at.

So, that is my New Year's resolution. There is more, but I need to make a pumpkin pie before the family wakes up. I need to get it in the oven so that we are able to put the cinnamon rolls in the oven - as is our tradition - when everyone wakes up.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments: