5/20/2009

Maine Maine Maine...and other stuff

So, I'm super, ridiculously swamped at work and don't want to do it...so here I am writing away.  

Yesterday was hell-day for Kelly.  Everything that could go wrong did.  Bailey spilled water all over herself while Kelly was feeding Connor, making a clothing change necessary.  Kelly sat Connor down to deal with the issue and he exploded in poop all over himself and his clothing.  On the way upstairs to change and re-dress both kids, Bailey threw a fit because she wanted to be carried.  Once upstairs, Bailey pooped while Connor was being cleaned up and redressed.  Bailey was finally redressed and the kids were loaded into the car.  Bailey fell out as Kelly was trying to drop her off.  When she finally managed to complete that handout, and get Connor over to his room, she realized that in our exhaustion the night before we had filled the bottles and put rings and caps on them...but no nipples.  Breast milk was everywhere in the insulated bag that we use.  She lost about 3 ounces total (an entire feeding for the most part) and had to go home, get nipples, clean up the mess and bring it all back.  So, of course, she missed the bus and had to drive to work.  

Hell morning.  Poor girl.  She hung in there, though, and we made it through the day.

My job sucks right now.  I am actively looking for another one, so if anyone out there is in the DC area with a job that I can work 6:30-3 and make around 55K a year, please let me know.  I'm a kick ass worker, with nothing but perfect reviews for the last 5 years.  I really am good at what I do.  And what do I do, you might be wondering?  Well, everything!  Honestly.  I can manage programs, do financial stuff, create webpages and trouble-shoot technical issues.  I do all kinds of stuff and I've never found anything that I can't master.  So...if there is anything out there, let me know!  

I'm tired of working at 170% all the time.  And this year, I'm going to lose about 10K in salary because they took away overtime and are not giving bonuses.  On top of that we are in a salary freeze, meaning that I'm not getting an annual increase.  Fine.  But then, back the fuck off and let me just work like a normal person.

Anyway.

All of this is going away for a few days, because I'm going to Maine!  And I get to take my Bailey with me and show her my state.  She'll see the ocean for the first time ever.  I'm just so freakin' excited!!!  I'm really bummed about being away from Connor and Kelly, but honestly, it's a secondary emotion to being back in Maine.  I need to go "home" for a couple of days.  It's been since 2006.

Now, I must work.  Of course.

2 comments:

Karen B Prosser said...

Mikki and Kelly,

OMG! Do I remember days like those. When it all goes wrong and you just want to sit down and have a good bawling cry.

Hang in there, girls. This will pass and you will look back on these days with a golden glow remembering the good--and there is so much good--for example, two beautiful kids in sun glasses!

Auntie Karen

Jenni said...

oh, my, i've had my share of those mornings, days, weeks. i hate it when they gang up.