2/04/2009

23 Days...and No Time

23 days (18-19 really) and counting. I'm fucking slammed at work and it just keeps piling on. So far, I've not lost my mind, but I reserve the right to lose it any point. I can't wait for leave.

You know it's sad when you are praying for the birth of your child just to get a break from work.

Congrats to our good friends Irina and Anika! They now have a little baby boy, Gregory, born on February 2nd at around 8 PM. All three are doing well and he came in at 7 pounds and 20 inches long!

Connor, now it's your turn little guy!

The non-stress test and ultrasound yesterday were great. The technician told Kelly that Connor was "very, very low"...which is awesome! Kelly has had the pressure pains which she has been told are responses from the cervix doing its thing almost constantly. Anytime she stands up or walks, she has contractions (some with discomfort, some without) and the sharp shooting cervix pains. We really, really hope to get some good news about progress at our Friday check up. Keep your fingers crossed...we are ready for our son to be born!

So, back to the grind. I have looming deadlines and a limited time to get them complete. I hope to leave for my leave with nothing "undone". It's a futile effort, but being the dedicated employee that I am, I'll keep pushing toward that goal.

No comments: