2/12/2009

15 Days

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

We both had an irritated night, which led to stupid argumenents and an eventually storming off by Kelly to our bedroom where she went to sleep. I retired for the night in the guest room. Not a great night.

But, we woke up this morning and both of us seemed determined to leave it in yesterday. Which makes it a good Thursday.

Tonight we read "Week 39" in our baby book. We read the week ahead because that is what will be happening.

Tomorrow is our 38 week check up and the day that we will scheduled our final induction date. We are both anxious to see what, if anything, the contractions have been doing to Kelly's cervix.

I have this feeling that we won't be pregnant on Monday. I've had it since yesterday morning. While I expected it to go away, it has not. Intuition or hope...I'm not sure. We'll see. It'll be nice to have a date.

Connor's "nursery" in our room is super, super cute. We have everything ready. We put his swing downstairs yesterday. Bailey pointedly ignored it. His car seat is ready. We have a couple of things to order and then, we're done. Bring him on!

Bailey knows something is up and is reacting strongly. She is very, very clingly to me and seeks me out if I am out of her sight for more than 10 minutes. She is reverting back a bit - begging for her "bobo" as soon as we walk through the door. Part of that is that she is nursing a low grade cold and not feeling great. But the other part of that is that she is sensing our anxiousness and anticipation. I'm sure she has figured out that big change is coming, even if she doesn't know what that big change is. More than ever, I am thankful that my job is giving me 8 weeks off. Bailey is going to need the attention and with two of us at home, we can divide and conquer in ways that we could not if I had to work.

So we wait.

No comments: