6/15/2008

Pride

Have I ever mentioned how much I love Pride? Not just the fact that I'm surrounded by thousands (35K of them) of my people, but the energy of Pride just excites me. And the boys. And the attitude. And the preening and the sexy androgynous women. I love holding my wife's hand and having it be among the norm. I like walking beside her and having other women check her out (they do) and knowing she's mine. I love the groups of people, the comfort of not being 10% of the crowd, but the ENTIRE crowd.

I love it all.

We didn't go this year. LOL - having a baby who goes to bed at 6:30 - 7:00 PM means that a 6 PM parade downtown in the pouring rain isn't going to happen.

But it was nice knowing that it did happen and that next year, we may make an appearance.

We're off to Pride today. Good fun and lots of gay people!

BTW - Bailey went to bed last night without a bottle or formula. We're starting the weening process. She did great - and didn't cry at all. She's such a super-star!

No comments: