6/16/2008

No More Bottles

Well, the bottles are officially gone from our home. Bailey is now drinking her formula from a sippy cut in the evening. This is the first step in the campaign to destroy bottle drinking and binky sucking in our house. Just to be clear, this is my campaign and really isn't all that supported by either Bailey or Kelly. The binky will stick around for a while. I am not going to push that issue to quickly. She only has it when she is falling asleep. She never has it during the day, so that is good.

This morning was truly a hard morning for me. Bailey has been all about me lately. I've mentioned that she goes through stages. This week, it's me. She wants to snuggle all the time and she can't seem to get close enough for me. She is obviously needed to be reassured and comforted, and I happily oblige. But I had to leave her at daycare this morning and she was SO not happy about it. She just sobbed. It broke my heart. I cried too. This is the first time that she has actually seemed distressed about my leaving her. It was awful.

This weekend was lovely and we were so happy to find out that our dear friends I&A are pregnant!!! They have been trying for a while and it's such wonderful news that they have succeeded! Brunch with them and M&S was fantastic. I love seeing them. And honestly, Danny is the sweetest, cutest little boy that I have ever met. Seriously.

Anyway. Back to work.

1 comment:

Susanica said...

Well thank you so much for saying that Danny is so sweet. Your Bailey is quite a charmer herself. And she's so advanced, I'm surprised she's not drinking her milk out of a wine glass or some such other adult glassware. That kid is gonna test off the charts for just about everything I have a feeling. It's so fun to see the three of you together. It's like you all fit together perfectly. Have a wonderful day Mikki! -Monica