3/19/2008

Off

I'm off today. Kind of bitchy. Kind of moody. Mostly just weirdly sad and feeling lonely for no reason at all. I'd like to drink milk and eat mac and cheese and watch old movies all day. I'd love to close all the blinds and ignore the world.

I'm not sure what's wrong.

Blah.

The best thing that happened was this morning when I went in to get our B Bunny up. She saw me, picked her head up off the matress, smiled and then dropped her head back down on the matress. She then proceeded to raise one arm and wave it feebily until I picked her up. LOL. Such a tired baby girl!!!

She fed herself with a fork for the first time last night. She's been having strangeness around her eating these days. She wants food, but no matter what you give her, she doesn't want it. Also, she doesn't like cheese, which just stumps me. When I'm hungry, anything with cheese will work. Just the opposite with Bailey. Anyway.

I was trying to get her to eat some spagetti with baby meatballs and she wouldn't have any of it. just didn't want it at all. Not one single bit. Refused it, in fact. Until I stripped her down, plopped her back in her high chair, gave her the container and her infant fork and let her go at it.

Cute, cute, cute! She was covered, but did a great job getting some of it into her mouth. Most of it, she just played with. But whatever. I'm going to trust the "experts" here when they say that if a child doesn't eat when food is offered it's because they are not hungry. Or another way to say it - your kid won't let herself starve. I'm not going to worry about it. We'll just keep offering her food and let her decide when and what to eat.

How's that for flexible from the world's most control-freakish woman (about some things, anyway).

I think I pissed our day care people off today. I watched one of the women put a child who was no more than 10 months old into a high chair and break up a frosted strawberry pop tart and put it on his tray. I was completely disgusted, and I couldn't help myself. I said "is that child really eating a Poptart for breakfast"?? She just looked at me and said, "yes, this is what is on the menu". I said, "don't ever, ever, ever give Bailey a pop tart, okay? It's nothing but sugar...it hardly even qualifies for dessert, much less breakfast." She looked offended.

But for god's sake. A fucking Pop Tart? And they wonder why we refuse to let her eat their food.

See what I mean. I'm off today.

1 comment:

treewater said...

Make that two of us, dude.... I didn't stay home for movies, but I DID have mac n' cheese and I'm headed down to the bakery for a cookie riiiiight now.....