3/20/2008

Back to Good

Things are better today. I don't know what was up yesterday. Just an off day, I guess.

Last night, we had a kissing circle. When I got home, I immediately snuggled Bailey and then kept her on my hip as I made my way around the house. She doesn't let you put her down when you first get home (and we don't mind). Of course, I also give my wonderful wife a kiss hello. I was holding Bailey when I kissed Kelly and she was watching intently. She usually just laughs and claps when we kiss (she likes it...LOL), but last night she decided she wanted in on the kissing action.

SO CUTE!

She went back and forth, first kissing me and then kissing Kelly. Then Kelly and I would kiss. Then it was Bailey's turn again. We did about 4 rounds of this before Bailey decided she was done. In fact, when Kelly went to kiss her again, she got a hand right to the nose. LOL!

Later, Bailey wanted to do the kissing circle again.

It's incredibly awesome how sweet and affectionate she is. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it makes me feel to know that our child wants us close to her and wants us to be affectionate with her. There are some things that cannot be described in words, and the wonderfulness of being loved by your child is one of those things.

Easter is this weekend (right???). It's funny - because Kelly and I are not religious, this holiday sort of slips by without much notice. However, I have seriously wonderful memories of Easter when I was a kid. The Easter Bunny always came, and it was so awesome. We would always go to my Grammy's house and eat ham with all the fixins'. Her house always felt like Spring to me - she would have dafodils and it was always so much fun. I just remember it being this happy, bright, exciting holiday.

So, we're going to try to do the same. We'll make a dinner (anyone interested in joining us??) and as she gets older, we'll do an easter egg hunt. The Easter Bunny will always come (even when she stops believing). When she is old enough to pick it herself, we'll get her a pretty easter dress or outfit (if she's not a dress girl).

Just a random, special day in Spring. Honestly, we should just celebrate the spring equinox, since that is really what we are doing.

Happy Thursday, everyone! Only one more day until Friday!

No comments: