3/20/2008

275 Million Dollars

I've spent a good portion of the last few days imagining what I would do with $275 Million Dollars (that is in caps for a reason...because it seems like a proper noun to me). I have come up with my laundry list. And these ARE in a particular order...as in, what I would do first, second, third...

1) Plan (and pay for) a wildly extravegant 3-week trip to Disney World in which I rode every single ride a couple of times, dined in every restaraunt, went to every show, swam in every pool and did, well...everything.

2) Call our financial planner

3) Call Terrance (our accountant, if we ever needed one)

4) Pay off our student loans

5) Pay off our cars

6) Pay off our credit cards (although this is pretty much already done)

7) Pay off our mortgage

8) Put in my two-week notice at work (but I'd give them a month or so to replace and then stay on long enough to train my replacement)

9) Start house shopping for a beautiful 4-bedroom home somewhere within 10 miles of the city, not on any of the major commuter roads and with some semblance of a back yard (cause Kelly probably wouldn't leave her job, so we couldn't leave the DC area)

10) Start the process of selling our current home

11) Open an education/trust fund for Bailey and fund it with 500K

12) Start trying for our second baby

13) Open many investment, retirement and other wealth-protection accounts as deemed necessary

14) Hire the most fabulous gay interior decorator I can find to help us decorate our new, glorious home

15) Hire a really nice personal trainer who will kick my ass every single day until I'm skinny

16) Get a breast lift, tummy tuck, laser hair removal and all kinds of skin treatments

17) Go shopping!!!!

18) Get Bailey into a language immersion program somehow - a school, a private tutor, something...that will teach her multiple languages

19) Start planning for where we will travel when Kelly gets some vacation time

20) Throw the wedding of my dreams during the Christmas season and fly all of our family and friends from all over the country to be a part of it

What would you do?

No comments: