3/21/2008

Love $3 Wine

I stopped at Trader Joes this morning and picked up a couple of bottles of $3 Shiraz. I brought it back into the office and my coworker informed me that it was "$2 buck Chuck". After laughing at her, she explained to me the story...

Apparently this wine maker - Charles Shaw - bought a whole bunch of land in Napa Valley during the horrible drought they had in the 90's. He got the land for "pennies" and bought a ton of it. He cultivated it, replanted and (just as he suspected it would) the drought eventually ended. Now, he makes pretty good Napa Valley wine for dirt cheap.

And, much to my surprise, he sells it for dirt cheap. Each bottle was $2.99. You can only get it at Trader Joes in this area.

Gotta love a dude who isn't a capitalist trying to get all the money he can. And who makes a perfectly decent Friday-night Shiraz!

Bottoms UP!

No comments: