1/14/2008

Treadmill Time

This morning, I kicked off my New Year's resolution to lose 130 pounds in the next two years. Kelly and I are not going to diet - just be sensible. And I need to start exercising. I'm really quite strong and very lucky that weighing a little over 250 pounds hasn't stopped me from doing the things that I want to do. I can still be active with Bailey, my body healed remarkably quickly after a very, very difficult c-section, and I recovered from a rough pregnancy like a champion (I lost all my baby weight with her delivery plus five pounds.)

Now, it's time to actually focus and pull some weight off. My goal for now is simple - I want to weigh 225 pounds. That's 30 pounds to lose. I got on the treadmill this morning for 20 minutes. I know that it's not long, but it's better than going for longer and getting discouraged. I'll do 20 minutes this week and then 23 next week and then 26 the week after that. You get the picture. Slow and steady.

Here are some recent pictures of Bailey. She's doing so well - developing faster than we can keep up with her. Every day it's a new sound or a new motion or a new action. It's only a matter of time before the sounds coming out of her mouth are formed into actual words.

ACTUALLY - on that front - we think she's actually said "Mama" in relation to us. The other night, when she was ready to get out of her bath, she put her arms in the air and stared right at me and said "Mama", "Mama" while trying to stand up and get into my arms. Now, with that said, I don't think that she can differentiate between Kelly and I...but I do think that she identifies us with the word.

Time will tell.

Anyway - here are the pictures. She loves her blueberries...







1 comment:

MaverickMama said...

You are not alone in your endeavor to get healthy, and I applaud your sensible and long term approach. It's easy to get discouraged when looking at the micro picture...but over time and with persistence I have confidence that I can make long term changes in my health. I'm still 13 pounds from my pre pregnancy weight. My current goal is to be back to pre pregnancy weight by baby boy's 1st birthday.

Bailey is awesome. She has such a huge personality and it comes through in her pictures. See you soon.

MM and baby boy