1/17/2008

Lost In The Dreary

I'm lost in the dreary parts of my life right now. Bailey is at home today with the vomits. I can only call it that, because she's fine in all other aspects...except every time something goes into her mouth, it comes back out about 15 minutes later.

Gross.

Last night, she had a massive vomit explosion and we were cleaning it up and giving her a bath at 2AM. No fun. Except, it was kind of funny. She looked at me like, "what the hell, Momma???". I laughed at her. She was just happy to get the caked on vomit out of her hair.

Have I mentioned how gross formula vomit smells?

I'm kind of bluesy the last couple of days. I think it's just my period which is due to start in about a week. PMS cycles for me and this looks like an especially bad round. Work is overwhelming. Kelly is working just as hard as me, so we both come home exhausted and without much energy. At night we fall into bed and hold hands and talk, all the while knowing how tired we'll be when the alarm goes off. I don't think either of us cares, though. Sometimes, you've just got to lay with your love and drift away in conversation.

It's sleeting and raining outside. It snowed for a while. Bailey laughed when I took her out in it, but then it started to land on her eyelashes and she blinked a lot. It was really funny. The snow is now melting away with the rain and it looks cold and gray outside.

I can't wait for Kelly to get home. I need a hug. I love hugging her. I love the way that she smells. So very...Kelly. It smells like home to me.

I'm done rambling for today. Hopefully Bailey is feeling better tomorrow and I can get to work. I have too much to do for it to pile up...

No comments: