12/20/2007

Sick...Again

I apologize for the delay in posting...Bailey came down with a bronchial infection that hit on Monday evening and I've been racing with time every since. Unfortunately, this was the worst possible week to need to be out of work...and Kelly couldn't help. She absolutely couldn't miss work. So, Bailey and I spent two very miserable days on Tuesday and Wednesday trying to get her better (there isn't much that could be done). Finally, today, I was back at work...but with three days worth of work to do.

I am scheduled off tomorrow...and while I probably shouldn't take the day, I'm going to! I need a day just to enjoy the holiday bustle.

Kelly's office Christmas party is tomorrow. They have a very fun event where everyone brings their children. It's potluck style. There will be almost 30 adults and close to 10 children present this year. We all sit around and eat and hang out and then play games. Of course, a Chinese gift exchange is done. We are giving chocolate covered pretzels. LOL - what else could we do with a $10 limit???

This is the first year that I will be at the party for the entire event. I usually go for lunch and then have to get back to work. Given that I took the day off to bring Bailey in, I'll be there for the entire event! I'm very much looking forward to it!

Tomorrow morning, I'm making a pecan and a pumpkin pie for our family gathering in West Virginia on Saturday. We have gifts for all the kids from Bailey and are very, very much looking forward to seeing little Camryn (Bailey's cousin that was born 3 weeks before her). Of course, we can't wait to see everyone else too...but especially Camryn!

We'll spend Saturday night in Morgantown (keep your fingers crossed that we don't have another hotel nightmare!!!) and then we're back home for a quiet and peaceful Christmas eve and Christmas day. Kelly has been especially mysterious about what Santa is bringing me this year, so I can't wait for Christmas morning!!! I think that it's gonna be good...

She always gives great surprises. I'm not so good at that part...but I try to be festive, so maybe that is my gift.

I promise lots of pictures of our holiday adventures and stories when we return! I expect that tomorrow will be crazy busy, and then we're off! Have a wonderful final weekend before Santa arrives!!!

No comments: