7/17/2007

More Good News

Today is, apparently, just a good day! I got some really good news from my boss this afternoon. She and HR have approved an alternative work schedule for me!!!

Monday, Wednesday and Friday, I will be working from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM. I'll spend the morning with Bailey and drop her off at daycare at around 7:45 AM. I'll catch the last bus into the city. I'll be home by 7 or 7:30 PM depending on the traffic and if I get caught up at work.

BUT...on Tuesday and Thursday, I'll leave the house at 5 AM and catch the 5:24 bus into the city. I'll be at work by 6:30 AM and will leave the office to catch the first bus home at 3 PM. I will pick Bailey up from childcare at around 4:15 or 4:30 and will get to spend the evening with her!!!

Kelly will work the opposite shifts from me.

What this means is that 1) Bailey will only be in child care for approximately 8 hours a day, 2) both Kelly and I will get some of the prime evening hours with her during the week, and 3) we will have an hour or two in the evenings after Bailey is in bed to spend together!!!!!!

For two people who commute about three hours a day, this is an absolutely IDEAL situation!!!!!

I am so freakin' happy. Have I mentioned how much I love my job?????

No comments: