6/21/2007

Rhythmic

That is the best word that I have for life right now...it's rhythmic. I spend lots of time bouncing, walking, shushing, feeding, holding, playing and loving on Bailey...and it all feels very much in rhythm. I can predict the cycles. I know when she's going to be pissed off and when she will be easily calmed. I know when she is going to fall asleep and when she's just not going to no matter what. I know when she's hungry and when she wants to be on my breast. I know when her diaper needs to be changed and when she's bored.

Her cries are predictable and her needs are easy to figure out most days. So life has emerged into a rhythm that has brought calm back to my life. It's nice to know that after her 5 AM feeding, she'll spend a couple of hours sleeping (or at least being quiet) in her swing. I can use this time to shower and to catch up on emails and to blog. Amazing. It's me time. I know that on any given day she could change her mind, and that's okay. Most days it's quite predictable.

One thing we haven't figured out is the car. She hates it when she's in the back seat alone. HATES IT. She screams so long and so loud. It's devastating...for her and for me. Honestly, it makes me not want to leave the house, but then I'd go completely crazy. I've got to get out. So she cries and I hurry to our destination and hope that I can calm her when we get there. Poor baby. I hate it that she hates it so much.

Okay...we'll I had better run and get a shower before she wakes up. She protests loudly when she wakes up and can't see anyone...LOL!

No comments: