6/20/2007

Going Private

Just in case anyone missed it at the very end of the post yesterday, this blog is going private on Friday morning! I won't list the reasons again, but if you want to keep reading, please post a comment with your email address. I will not post the comments (so your email address will not end up on the blog!).

For those of you who have already requested, THANK YOU!! I did get all the requests and you'll be on the list on Friday!

--------------------
Okay - enough of that. All is good today. Bailey and I are off on a play date with S from M&S and their little boy. I'm looking forward to some adult company and another chance to see their little guy. It's been a while.

I hope our little girl behaves. Her newest thing is to cry so hard that she makes herself vomit. Honest to god, she gets herself so worked up. For no reason at all. Well, I guess she thinks she has a reason - I don't mean to belittle her pain - but really. Vomiting?? There has got to be a better way to express frustration!

She's 7 weeks old today and we're just in love with her. Her antics are frustrating in moments, but more and more we just find them amusing. We're less worried about her fragility and more able to find the humor in our drama queen. Don't get me wrong, there are days when I feel like I'd rather kill myself than spend one more minute with her, but those moments are less and less frequent.

I keep thinking about going back to work in three and a half weeks. That's kind of a rough thought. And yet, I'm excited about it. I'm happy that I'm going to get the time to be an adult again. I'm excited about my job and the opportunities that it presents me. I'm excited for me. But I'm sad for Bailey. She is going to struggle in child care at first. She won't get the same attention and as emotional and needy as she is for me, she's going to have a really hard time. We only hope the she adjusts relatively quickly. I have such good memories of my child care when we were young...I hope the it's not a horribly traumatic thing for her.

But, the reality is that we have no other options. This is our life, and our reality. Bailey is a part of that reality, so she'll have to live within its boundaries as well.

Here's a couple of cute pictures from our trip...

Bailey Playing with Camryn

Bailey and her Nana

Bailey Giggling at her Aunt Jodie

No comments: