6/19/2007

My Goodness

Well, it seems that for the time being, I'm going to be a bit slower in the posting department. It's just hard to find the time. Bailey needs a lot of my attention right now. When I get back to work and have a moments in the morning without her, I'll post every day again!

BUT...our first long road trip was fabulous! Our little lady slept the entire way (for the most part) both there and back. She slept for 6 and a half hours in one stretch in the hotel room (in her car seat, in between us on the bed!). She was sweet and had no major meltdowns...except right before bed, but she couldn't help it...she was tired!!!! It was really, really wonderful to see the family and it was great for them to meet Bailey.

AND...we finally met our new niece, Camryn!!!! It's about time!!! She's beautiful and just as sweet as can be! It's funny because she and Bailey couldn't be more different. She is very calm and spends lots of time just looking around. When she cries, it's quite soft and sounds very pitiful. Bailey's cry sounds like someone has stabbed her. Poor little Camryn just didn't know what to do with Bailey. She was so much louder! LOL!

We have some really, really good pictures of the two of them together, but I'm not going to post any yet. I need to get permission from her Mom and Dad before I post her picture on the internet!

It was a wonderful trip and something that we'll do again.

The only other thing is that Kelly and I are going to make our blog private, I think. We post lots of details about our life and our child, and we don't want to share that with the entire world. SOOO....let me know if you want to keep reading. I have to figure out how blogger works in "private" mode...you might have to sign up and have an account. If so, I apologize for the pain in the butt...but you understand, right? I mean, she's only an infant...we don't want random people knowing everything about her.

So, leave a comment and let me know you want to be added. Give me the email address that you will register with and I'll add it to the list. I won't post the comments with email addresses in them (so you don't have to worry about your email address being out there for everyone!).

We'll be going private at the end of this week...

3 comments:

Vanilla said...

Hi Mikki and Kelly,

It's that girl from your Maybe Baby class. I've been keeping up with your blog on and off, and I'd be interested in staying in the loop - it's one of my favorite ways to procrastinate at the office. Let me know the protocol once you go private, if you choose.
Thanks!

Christy

Mikki said...

Christy! I lost the email you sent us with your new email address...could you resend your email so that I can add you to the list???

Also, we should get together again soon! We'd love to catch up...

Email us!

MaverickMama said...

I just read 2 girls in love and see that they are going private also. I have not been reading their blog regularly, so I was a little surprised at how we all seem to be coming to the same conclusion at the same time.....right after the babies are born. Somehow it just feels weird putting my son out in the open where I don't know who might be listening in....so I hope you will include me in your subscribers list.