6/22/2007

We're Private!

Well, this blog is officially private. If you know of people who were not invited and who read regularly, feel free to send me their email address and I'll add them!

So...last night we had the mother of all vomit incidents! I assume that this is only the first, but boy, it was GROSS! Our sweet lady usually goes to bed around 8 or 8:30 PM. I bath her and then feed her a bottle. The bottle fills her little tummy and she crashes out...usually for 5-6 hours before wanting her next one.

Well. Last night, she didn't go to sleep. We fed her a six ounce bottle (that's a lot for her age), but she wanted more. That's not such a big deal; she's been going through a growth spurt the past couple of days. Kelly headed downstairs and got her two more ounces...to bring her to 8. Now...that really is A LOT of food and she should have fallen sound asleep before finishing. But she didn't. She scarfed it all up and started fussing for more.

At this point, I refused her. I brought her downstairs and put her in the sling (the magic fix). But it didn't fix it. She just screamed in the sling. So I put her down and let her fuss for a few minutes in her chair, with the thought that she would at least tire herself out. She fussed alright...and didn't get the least bit tired. At this point, I was as frustrated as she was, so I got another bottle (with four ounces in it) thinking that she would just have a few swallows and be done with it. She had a few swallows...and then a few more...and then some more. And still, the eyes were wide open and her hands were just grabbing at everything (my hands, the bottle, her clothes). In other words, no closer to sleep than she had been.

I took the bottle away after three ounces. I realized that while feeding her may be what she wanted, it definitely wasn't going to help her feel any better. In fact, I expected her to vomit most of what she had put in back up. Bailey was MAD that I took her bottle away. So she threw a fit that last about 15 minutes causing her to have one good burp of vomit. I cleaned her up, cleaned myself up and brought her back upstairs. In the very dark room, with the fans on, Miss. Bailey finally fell asleep. It was 10 PM by this time.

I crawled into bed, kissed my sleeping wife, and immediately fell sound asleep myself. I was woken at 10:30 by the sound of Bailey gagging. I have never moved so fast in my entire life. I was up, glasses on, flashlight turned on and Bailey in my arms before I realized what I was doing. The poor girl had vomit all over the front of her. I assumed that was the end, until she let out a loud belch and vomited all down my back and onto the carpet, leaving a puddle of vomit at my feet.

Now, my disgust didn't come until later. After all, this was my baby vomiting down my back and if it was gross for me, it must have been horrible for her. Thank god I sleep naked. At least I knew that I would be easy to clean up.

Kelly had jumped out of bed at the sound of the vomit splattering on the floor, and she grabbed a towel and mopped Bailey's face up and then mopped my back, legs, butt and shoulder up. Gross. Meanwhile, I'm trying to comfort a sobbing, vomit covered child enough so that I can put her down to change her diaper and clothes.

After a few minutes, she started calming down and I changed her. I pulled off her diaper to discover that somewhere in all of this, Bailey had pooped as well. She was seriously batting 100 last night.

I cleaned her up, wiped her down with a warm wash cloth, got her in some fresh, warm clothes and then handed her to Kelly. I took a shower. While in the shower, I tried to decide if I should laugh or cry...but decided it all went with the territory and just smiled. Poor girl.

Here are a couple of seriously cute pictures of her last night...

Seriously, how cute can she be??? This is what she does when Kelly gets home every night! She loves her Mommy dearly...

You think she knew the kind of mischief she was going to cause??
This is the "Wow, I'm really tired...is it time for my bath yet?" look...
And this is what we wanted her to be doing at 8:30 last night...

No comments: