6/01/2007

Laugh or Cry?

Well, I've officially pulled my first all-nighter since college. And let me clarify that in college, I NEVER did the all night thing to study...it was always a partying thing. LOL!

Last night, Bailey didn't sleep. Well, she did for about 45 minutes here and there. Then she would wake up, wanting to be held, fed, changed, cuddled or to just cry for a while. I spent the night in the living room, so that Kelly could get some sleep. She, of course, didn't sleep worried about us in the living room. *sigh*

Currently, Bailey is laying on our bed. She's alternating between crying fits that lack any real energy and silence, which seems to be her trying to fall asleep. I would hold her, except that every time I pick her up, she cries harder and fights me. I assume that this means that she needs to be alone and that she is crying because she's too tired to do anything else. I figure, if nothing else, she's wearing herself out more. I suspect that she'll sleep all day.

I tried to go back to bed with her, but she won't calm down. The later it gets into the day, the less likely it is that I'll sleep. I have this wonderful habit of waking up with the sun, no matter how much I need to keep resting. It's lovely. Especially on days like this.

Tonight is a bottle of wine night, for sure. I only hope the Bailey doesn't spend the entire day crying. But, if so, I'll get through it. Poor girl. She's so tired. Momma is too.

No comments: