6/26/2007

Bailey Watching

A couple of updates...

Yesterday was a big, huge day for Bailey. I left her for over eight hours while I went to Baltimore. I discovered that I am no different than any other new Mom. I called, she was crying and I just fell apart. I cried a lot. Then I called back. Four times. Finally she was quiet and I could breathe again. It was rough. But it was also a milestone. For both of us.

The other thing is that she slept for SEVEN hours last night in one stretch. Then she woke up and ate and went back down for another 3 hours. Honestly, she's truly growing up.

All the angst of the first few weeks is over. Bailey is truly becoming a wonderful baby. She's mellowed out so much. She's sweet. People just fall all over themselves to be near her. She's magnetic in many ways. It's very, very cool. I love how she can just pull people to her. I hope that part of her personality sticks around.

We think she is always going to be intense, but she's as intensely sweet as she is moody. She's got a pretty intoxicating combination.

We think, anyway.

Here are some new pictures!

Here is that intensity I was talking about. When she's looking at something, it's hard to distract her!

She really likes to stare at people!
She started playing while we had her sitting here...
Notice the movement. She's really flailing about!
But then things started to fall apart...
And then we realized why...

Ahhhh...finally...

No comments: