4/25/2007

Wading Through Cold Honey

Have you ever thought about how horrible it would be to be chest deep in ice cold honey? Think about how sticky it would be, how difficult to navigate and how incredibly frustrating the entire experience would be. That is how I'm feeling today.

I woke up this morning at 2:45 with some severe back cramping. At least, that is what it felt like. It went away and came back in a pretty steady rhythm for about three hours. I was so convinced that it was the start of labor that I woke Kelly up and had her stay at home for a while. At around 6:o0 AM, I fell asleep. When I woke up about 25 minutes later, all manner of any pain had stopped. Since then, nothing. Except one seriously active baby. Bailey is definitely excited about something...LOL.

I, on the other hand, and less than excited. Frankly, I'm mentally tired. Physically, I'm holding up alright. I'm actually still feeling pretty good. All of my normal body functions are working as they should, I'm sleeping relatively well and my appetite is normal. I'm able to walk around, move about as I want to, and all manner of extreme swelling has gone away since I stopped working.

All told, I'm doing okay. Except my head is just a mess. I'm ready to not be pregnant and I'm really struggling with the wait. Kelly is picking up on my anxiousness, or I'm picking up on hers. Not sure which. Either way, we are both on pins and needles waiting for this to happen.

The insurance situation is still up in the air. I call back every day, but so far I've not gotten any news. I'm really hoping that I hear something before Friday. If not, we have to induce on Monday. Financially, we are in a situation where we cannot risk it if they deny the claim. So, that is weighing on my mind.

The baby shower yesterday was wonderful! We had California Tortilla catered in, yummy chocolate cake and absolutely divine gooey chocolate brownies. We got lots of wonderful gifts and had a great time enjoying the party. It was very, very sweet and we felt so blessed. Now, we have a whole new batch of stuff to wash and put away! That part is always so much fun...

Today, we have our weekly check up. I'm hoping to hear that we've made some positive progression forward, but am not holding my breath. I can't hope too much, or I'll be too disappointed.

I'll post this afternoon and let you all know how the appointment goes!

No comments: