4/24/2007

Another Baby Shower

Needless to say, yesterday I didn't do all the cooking I thought I would. I've been dealing with this horrible cold for about a week now and yesterday it seemed to kick my ass all over again. I was able to get the sauce made and then pan of stuffed peppers finished. This morning, I am going to make the lasagna and Mexican fiesta casserole since both of them are pretty easy.

I have to leave to go into the city for a baby shower at Kelly's work later this morning! I'm very excited...but I can't give any details! Kelly doesn't know the specifics...only that a baby shower is happening! I'll let you all know how it goes when I get home. The shower is at 11:30...

Also, today is my 28th birthday. It's funny, because for the first time ever, I feel older than my age reflects. My goal was to be at this point in my life by the time I was 33. I alway said that I wanted my first child to be born by the time I turned 33, and if I didn't have a partner at the time, I would do it on my own. Well here we are - we own a home, we have a baby very soon on the way, we've been together for a long, long time. It's weird...I feel like I should be Kelly's age (she's 32...hehehehe).

Anyway - my love brought home cupcakes last night and sang to me and gave me the sweetest card. We don't do "big" on our birthdays usually (I threw her a big party on her 30th...but hell...that's what you do when someone turns 30!!!). Our gifts to each other this year were the pregnancy pictures we had taken a couple of weeks ago and the newborn photos we are having done when Bailey is born. This year...it's all about Bailey.

I'm off to cook and get ready for the day. I'm feeling good this morning, but no closer to having a baby than I was yesterday. Uggg. I'm trying to stay positive - I really am. It's hard, but I'm trying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 28th Birthday and Shower Day! So many exciting things going on in your life right now!!

-Kate