1/03/2007

Slacker

Okay, so I'm a slacker. I didn't get all the photos that I said I would. I have very good excuses, though. I got out the camera and took a couple of great photos of the Christmas Gift of the Year. I came upstairs to put the ink in the printer (that was the missing part to make my scanner work...don't ask...outdated technology!). Well, turns out I needed the color cartridge as well as the black cartridge. So. I got stopped. I didn't scan the 20 week ultrasound pictures. I didn't upload the Christmas Gift of the Year pictures, because this morning I was too busy dealing with the fact that our sink was STILL leaking, despite the fact that a plumber came out yesterday and "fixed" the leak and replaced the garbage disposal. Problem is, he created another leak in a different part of the pipes. So, my kitchen is still destroyed with the multiple chemical products on the floor, my sink is still leaking and I wasn't sure if I would need to stay home to wait for the plumber to come back (at their expense, of course). So...getting the belly shot this morning wasn't on my list of priority.

With all that said, I have EVERY intention of getting the belly shot tonight when I get home. The photos will not get scanned until this weekend (we'll pick up ink during our weekly errand routine).

Seems silly, though, because next week on Tuesday, we get ANOTHER ultrasound!!!! WOOHOO! This one is because they were unable to get the shot that they needed of the baby's spine, with the baby facing down and the spine up. We opted out of the 3-D ultrasound (the insurance will not cover it unless it's medically necessary), but it'll still be cool to see the baby 4 weeks older. We'll be one day away from the 24-week mark. This will likely be the last ultrasound that we'll recieve (God willing...ultrasounds that late mean something is wrong), so we're excited.

Nothing new to report with the baby. S/he is still moving a lot. Kelly usually feels her/him once a day when I'm laying down to go to bed. S/he is very active at that time. I'm starting to feel the differences between the "roll" and a kick. It's interesting.

I've have some weird feelings of panic recently. Nothing serious, just itty tiny moments of apprehension when I think about the fact that life is forever changed. It's not regret or anything like that...more like fear of the unknown. Forever more, we are parents to this child (and hopefully to other children). The comfy little world that we've built up and the stable (and sometimes selfish) routines will change and be altered over and over again to meet the needs of our child. I'm not worried about our ability to do that, to love each other through it, or to find a way to adapt when it all feels impossible. I've just had a few minutes here and there of apprehension.

It's interesting. I wonder if this is normal, or if this is a Mikki-thing.

No comments: