1/02/2007

Long Weekend

What a lovely, lovely long weekend it was! There seems to be lots that happend, but then, it was very relaxing.

On the 30th, Kelly and I shared a wonderful meal at the Melting Pot with M&S. It was absolutely divine! I have been craving the Melting Pot for some time now and my honey treated me to a dinner out. I was so, so happy!!! It was great to spend time with good friends and enjoy the baby conversation. I love that we are pregnant together, and that we are going to have babies that are virtually the same age. It makes it less scary somehow.

On the 31st, we did very little. Or rather, I did very little. Kelly spent the weekend working on the nursery, and she has done an AMAZING job. I'll post pictures as soon as it's finished (probably next weekend). We're very excited about it.

Speaking of pictures, tomorrow I'm going to be posting quite a few. I have FINALLY gotten the necessary part to make our scanner work again, so I will post the 20 week ultrasound photos of our little honey. Also, I'm going to take 23 week baby bump photos and will post those. Finally, we have a decided winner in the "Best Holiday Gift Given" category and I'll post a picture of that gift! So...tomorrow should be good fun!

The baby is doing well. S/he is growing, growing, growing. My belly has transformed seemingly overnight. Honestly, I feel almost like it's fake sometimes. This round thing that pokes out from body. But I love it. It's amazing to feel the roundness and to feel the baby move. Kelly has felt him/her many times now and we have a good time poking and proding and trying to get him/her to move for us. I feel the most movement when I'm on my back, and when I'm the most calm. Basically, trying to fall asleep. On the other hand, when I'm laying on my right side, the baby quiets right down. S/he loves tha position. Needless to say, that's the position I sleep in most frequently.

I've been feeling marvelous for about 2 weeks now. I've have some pretty severe exhaustion, but that doesn't count. Other than needing to sleep, I feel great. I have lots of energy (when I'm awake!) and do not feel sick. I am able to make it through my days and still have the energy to come home and make my honey dinner and still clean up the kitchen after. These things are VERY important to me, and it's nice to have the energy to do it all. I'm not back up to my Wonder Woman status, but at least I don't feel inadequate (Kelly would be pissed to hear my call myself that...).

So...back to work for me today. I'm happy that the craziness of the holidays are over and ready now to focus all my energy on getting ready to give birth and have a baby in our lives. I'm very excited about all of it!

No comments: