12/04/2006

Monday Again

Here we are! It's Monday. This morning, I woke up at 3:00 AM. Yep, 3 AM. And what's worse is that I was wide awake. Definately not going back to sleep. Ugg. So, I was up at 3. Which means that I'll be in bed tonight by 8. Early to rise, early to bed. What a wonderfully boring life I lead.

We spent the weekend finalizing our Christmas to-do list. We made our cards, then addressed and signed them all - they are out the door. We are finished Christmas shopping for the most part; there are only a couple of gift cards left to purchase. We've done our wrapping. Our holiday shipping will take place on the 13th - we'll be the ones standing in line at the post office trying to get our gifts out to our loved ones on time!

But...for the most part - we are done. It's like this every year. We really enjoy this holiday, so it doesn't feel like work for us. Both of us really get into it. But it's funny - we go out and we see a completely different response to it. Our friendly little town (it really is) has turned into a seething mass of unhappy, hurried shoppers. They drive fast, blow by you in the store without a care and take no time to smile or enjoy the simple little moments of the season. It's amazing to me. I can't help it - I'm happy during this time of year. I just feel full. Full of love and joy and hope. This really is a time of renewal and starting over for me. It's the best time of the year.

So, I smile (and laugh sometimes) as the antics of those around me who just find stress in this holiday. I wish that I could pass on some of my love of it. I wish that it was as magical for everyone as it is for me and Kelly. At least, I'll keep smiling.

So, if you pass a glowing pregnant woman in a bright red sweater with Christmas snowmen all over it, humming carols and smiling at everyone, you might have passed me! I'll be out there trying to spread some Christmas cheer, and finding the joy in the little parts of this wonderful, wonderful time of year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DOOD! I think it is time for a blog-applied digital photo of that "glowing pregnant woman in a red snowman sweater!" I am getting scared that I will entirely miss the "with child" look.... A