12/05/2006

Excited about Labor

The last couple of days, I've found myself really excited to start the process of actively preparing for labor. Kelly and I will be signing up for a labor and delivery class shortly (to be taken in February when I'm about 7 months pregnant), but I'm already excited!

This has certainly been an interesting process for me. I suspect that my next pregnancy won't be quite so eventful - at least, I'll have been through it once. My expectations have completely changed, and so has my laundry list of needs. I'm feeling much more fluid and relaxed about it all.

My only "fear" is that my Mom won't make it in time for the delivery. She's gonna try like hell, and the only thing that will prevent her from being here is fate itself. But it will suck if she's not there. I can't imagine approaching something so intense without knowing that my partner and my mother will be by my side.

So, I'm sending out "long labor" vibes. LOL - based on all previous expectations of pregnancy, this should mean that I'll have a 45 minute labor and delivery. But, I'm hoping. I'll be the one saying "fly little plane, fly...and bring me my Momma so that I can become a Mamma."

A - pictures are on the way. I'll post them tomorrow!

No comments: