11/16/2006

Ode to Kelly

I'm not even sure how to begin this, or why I'm wanting to write it. We're sitting in our bedroom, just hanging out. Waiting for Earl and the Office to come on. It's the only television that we look forward to all week. We LOVE those shows.

Well, I'm exhausted tonight and don't feel like doing the dishes. In order to relax, I have to not see them. So, we're upstairs. I was going to go to sleep until 8 pm, but now I'm not tired anymore. Kelly is sitting on the floor going through this massive pile of filing that we haven't done in forever. There is a pile of shredding that I should be doing.

Instead, I'm sitting here, occasionally glancing at her and wondering how the hell I got so lucky.

See, loving someone is a pretty wonderful thing. Being loved back, though...now that's the truest of all magic. I love our relationship. I love the easy, casual way that we know each other so completely. I love that I don't have to tell her how I feel - she already knows. I love that she loves me even in my most disgusting moments...those moments when I am just HORRID to be around. I love the way she looks at me and the simple little touches and kisses that seem to never stop.

I could go on and on - really, there is no point, though. I've said it a million times. But tonight, for whatever reason, I feel it distinctly.

I'm a lucky woman.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow. What an amazing post about love, sweet love. It's those quiet, everyday moments that are sometimes the best.