10/23/2006

Lovely Long Weekend

Me, Kelly and our little honey went to Maine for the weekend! We left very early on Friday morning and flew through some windy rain up to Maine. After getting our car, we drove to Freeport and enjoyed the quaint little town of Freeport. It was kind of drizzly, but it was still fun. The next day (Saturday) was a perfect fall-Maine Day. It was cold - in the low 40's but with bright sunshine. We drove to Hallowell to visit with my Mom and Andrea. While there, we took a walk down the BIG hill to get some wrapping paper and yummy cookies from Slate's Bakery. The wind was blowing, the leaves were skittering all around us and the smell of fall was thick in the air. The walk was the best part of the weekend for me. I truly love the smells of real fall. Here, the leaves turn muted shades of yellow and brown and then fall off. The true fall weather is only occasional and then the illusion is ruined by a 70-degree day. Not real fall.

But walking through through that wonderful, wonderful air, I felt like I had stepped inside paradise. My honey was holding my hand, my momma was beside us and we were enjoying the wonderful day. It was perfect.

After that we went to my grandfather's wedding. It was a lovely ceremony, although at one point it was very emotional for me. I was glad that I was in the back of the room where nobody would see me cry. But then, when they turned around to be presented as husband and wife, Felix blew me a kiss! I was very sweet. The reception was a bit like old-home days with a side of my family that I never see. It was interesting and not to bad.

We left early, though.

Then, Mom, Andrea, Kelly and I went back to Freeport to finish up some shopping. I'm sad to say that I pooped out before we could do LL Bean. I must say that Kelly took the dissapointment well and didn't make me feel guilty. Of couse, I still did, though. But we shopped for lots and lots of baby clothes and we're pretty comfortable that with just a few more items, we'll have everything that we need. Having a May baby is going to be nice, because not many clothes are needed. It's going to be warm, and they won't need much more than a onesey. It's fun to shop for clothes you know your baby is going to wear. It was a good time.

Then back home. We flew in very early yesterday morning and immediately fell asleep for about 2 1/2 hours. LOL - we were wore out! The nap did us good, though, and we got a lot done after.

Now it's back to work. Kelly and I are both going to be completely swamped this week - we are considering it hell week. We'll hopefully get through it without too much stress...but we are already looking forward to the weekend!

:-) Mikki

No comments: