10/02/2006

Changin'

I think the best part of being pregnant for me right now is how much better my alone time with Kelly has become. Not that we didn't have a great time together before, but it's become so much sweeter since we found out we are pregnant. I think the reason is that we now how much life is going to change once our little honey comes home with us.

Yesterday, after we got back from camping, Kelly and I sat down to watch the Redskins game. I love football - but I was also completely tired and needed to shut my eyes for a few minutes. I laid my head on Kelly's lap and promptly feel sound asleep. When I woke up about an hour later, I found myself thinking how wonderful it was to be able to do that without a second thought.

And I know that will change once our baby is born. It makes each little stolen moment so sweet and each extra hour of sleep that much better and each lingering cup of coffee or tea that much more satisfying.

I'm so excited for the birth of our child, but in those precious moments, I'm glad that there are still some months before it happens...

No comments: