10/01/2006

Wonderful Weekend

For the first time since my pregnancy began, I spent a weekend that felt like it was totally my own.

Kelly and I went camping with another couple and had the most wonderful time. M&S are the most perfect people to have around while camping because they are laid back, chill and REALLY good at making fire and food and conversation. There is nothing - and I mean nothing - more relaxing to me than sitting with Kelly and talking to good friends. And when that it accompanied by a warm camp fire and cool air with no meaningful sickness to speak of...well, lets just say that for me it was a wonderfully magical weekend.

I had not realized how quickly being pregnant had consumed me. I felt like this weekend was more about being a wife and a friend, than it was about being a soon-t0-be mother. It's a distinction that I didn't really understand until I got home and realized how truly relaxed I felt.

To make it all even better, Kelly and I slept SOOOO well last night. It was cool - but not freezing like it was on Friday night. It rained all night long (and our tent was well protected by a tarp, so we didn't get even a drop on us). And we slept like rocks all bundled up together. If there is anything cozier, I don't know what it is.

So, thank you M&S for being a part of such a wonderful (and much needed) weekend for us. And thank you O for bringing yourself and your cocoa along on Saturday.

This mama feels like a woman again - and rested and ready for another week at the grind!

No comments: