6/03/2009

Some Things I Love (For Karen)

So, Karen is right.  Sometimes it really is only about those tiny moments that feel insignificant, but really are the total reason we are doing all of this.

Here are a few of my favorite things about my children:

1) Bailey says "That's okay" when you apologize to her for something.  And she means it.  

2) Last night, while I was bathing Connor, she came up behind me and started rubbing my back, ending it all by say "I love you so much, Momma"

3) Every night, she stares as me as if I am the only person who could ever make her feel so comfortable, safe and happy.  And I believe I am.  

4) Connor loves to give me kisses.  He grabs the side of my nec
k or my cheeks and pulls me back to his mouth over and over again, giggling every time my lips touch his.  

5) He still gives those big, wet, sloppy baby kisses that are only gross in thought...in reality, they are the sweetest kisses in the world.

6) He's trying to move - often, if you prop him up on a pillow (to change your clothes for example) he will thrust himself down.  But then he looks up at you like, "Help...how the hell did I get into such an uncomfortable position."  He doesn't cry...just waits, looking very perplexed.

7) He stares at Bailey - sometimes in adoration, but most of the time with a patient timidness.

8) Bailey eats macaroni and  cheese with gusto.  Seriously, I like mac and cheese even more because she is so passionate about it.

9) Bailey doesn't get that M&M's are chocolate - so if you offe
r her an M&M, she says no.  If you offer her chocolate, she gets all excited.  This makes me laugh.  Hysterically sometimes.  

10) Bailey is trying to figure out relationships.  Yesterday we talked about how I am her Momma and Connor's Momma.  She asked me if I was Mommy's Momma?  I told her no, I am Mommy's wife.  Last night, after this conversation, she told Kelly that Kelly was my wife.  Super sweet.

11) Connor's upper thighs are ticklish.  When you put lotio
n on him after his nightly bath, he giggles and giggles.  Same thing with his neck.  Washing his neck is cause for serious laughter.  

12) Bailey likes to finger paint.  I love that her art is hanging all over our living room and I can't wait for Connor's to join it.  

13) Bailey approaches everything with such intensity.  I see my
self so much in her and love the reflection.

14) Connor is Kelly, through and through.  He is patient, gentle, laid back.  He is a constant source of joy for me - none of the frustration that Bailey brought.  He is simply love.

15) It seems that the donor did not have much to do with our children - they really are reflections of us.  And yet they look alike.  Take a look.   This is both of them at 3 months.


1 comment:

Karen B Prosser said...

Mikki,

You make me cry. That is simply a wonderful post.

Karen