1/15/2009

Just Keeping It Real

Pregnancy has made Kelly insane.

Sounds cruel to say that, doesn't it? But I mean it with full love and understanding. I remember how fucking hard it is to be at this point. In fact, in my pregnancy, I was 2 weeks away from being pulled out of work for exhaustion and stress. Every second, you can feel the pregnancy and there is no escape. You are tired constantly, in pain most of the time, dealing with flooding hormones and relentless exhaution.

It's absolutely horrid, unless you are one of those people (and very few actual are) who love being pregnant so much that you like this shit.

I thought that it was nearly unbearable when I was pregnant. And so I understand how Kelly is feeling. I understand every snide, snippy comment. I understand the complete lack of attention, the total inability to stay up later than 8 PM, the exhausted sound of her voice, the need to just sit down and stop moving. I understand the frustration with everything and everyone. I understand the near desperation that you feel when you realize that you still have 6 weeks and the day is only half over. I get the flood of annoyance that comes when someone says "yea, but it's so close" and how you want to knock out anyone who gets in your path and looks at you wrong. I understand the need to eat and the complete disinterest in food. I even get how the doctor's appointments are no longer exciting and are just another chore that has to be accomplished before you can shut your eyes. And I get that even in sleep you get no rest or break, because you have to pee constantly and just getting out of bed is a chore. And then you have to fall back asleep quick because damn it, it's 2 AM and you haven't even in 6 hours and you're so fucking hungry you could scream.

I get it all. Not only have I been there, but I'm living through it again. On a different scale, but the effects of pregnancy do not escape anyone who lives with a pregnant woman.

My poor baby. Hang in there.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I think the second time around can be rough too. Even if it's her first time pregnant. It's tough dealing with a toddler and the pregnancy. I have less patience at the moment and I snap at my wife more than I should... Hang in there!!!