11/18/2008

What's To Say?

Not much has been going on for us. I haven't written because there just isn't that much new to talk about. We are approaching 26 weeks in this pregnancy and getting more and more excited. We are happy that the holidays have arrived, because it gives us something else to think about. We are busy planning our Thanksgiving time off and putting together an agenda for the things we need to get done with it.

Kelly is pregnant...and that about sums up her experiences right now. She's at the stage of pregnancy that I hated the most and remember the most clearly. She's not pregnant enough that people are sending sympathy her way...in other words, her coworkers still act as though her pregnancy isn't a major factor of each moment of her life. But she's far enough along where her pregnancy is, in fact, the sole definition of who she is. She is being a champion through it and pushes herself through each day. The last four nights she is has slept like shit, which makes the day nearly intolerable. We're getting through it. One moment at a time.

Bailey is doing great. She is her usual sunny self. She is right where she should be. We are looking to transition her to the 18 month old room (which is just the other side of her current room). All her favorite friends have transitioned and now it's time for her to go to. I need to get on the daycare staff about it. The amount of advocacy we do for Bailey is astounding. Maybe we are pests. I really don't care. Her best interests are our concern and our only concern. We pay her facility $265 a week. A fucking week. So, if we need to push them to get our needs met, we will.

As for me, well, things are just fine. Not much to report. I'm waiting for the formal announcement of my transition at work to take place. Once that happens, it will change pretty quickly. My boss leaves on December 13 for a 3 1/2 week trip to Australia and New Zealand. That will slow things down a whole lot in our department. It will be a nice way to end the craziness of this job and transition into the much slower pace of my new job.

Tomorrow, I am going to see Kooza - the new Cirque de Solei (is that how you spell it???) performance with my job. We have an executive reception and then fantastic seats. I'm staffing the performance, so I can't drink...but I have to drive anyway. I wouldn't be drinking even if I could. BUT...I get to watch the performance for free, from spectacular seats that would have cost $300 per seat if I had purchased it myself. I've always wanted to go, and while it is going to suck to not see Bailey tomorrow night, I can't wait.

Hmmmm...nothing else, I guess.

No comments: