10/21/2008

Some days...

Some days I hate that our child is a daycare kid.

What we thought was teething turned out to be a "pretty bad" case of hand/food/mouth. There is a more official name (I even know what it is) but I can't spell it. So, even though it makes her sound like a sick cow or sheep, I say hand/foot/mouth.

She turned a corner overnight, and while she is home with me today (daycare policy), she is feeling much better. The worst of it was this weekend, when we thought she was teething.

We should have known. Teething has never hurt Bailey before.

I'm feeling much better, much less grumpy. I hate missing work - am I the only one who feels like a lazy slacker when I have to call in?

Our 11 year anniversary was this weekend. 11 years. 11 years since my entire life stopped and reformed itself around the most amazing woman I have ever met. 11 years since who I was and who I always wanted to be merged into who I am. 11 years since I found the meaning of happiness and 11 years since I discovered the honesty of loving another human being without pretense or question.

11 years. It feels like such a long time, and yet, I can remember every (nearly) moment.

I gave Kelly my heart again (symbolized with a hand-blown glass heart) and she gave me triple chocolate M&M's. LOL - sounds funny and yet, it was perfect. I've wanted those M&M's ever since I first saw them at Target. And they DID NOT disappoint.

Bailey got us a Wii to celebrate. We spent the rest of the weekend bowling, golfing, playing baseball and I spent quite a bit of time boxing. Good exercize. Super, super fun. We are getting Wii Fit (which is actually the reason that Bailey bought the Wii in the first place). I'm looking forward to it. It really is as fun as they say it is...

Kelly commented last night that Bailey got us the gift of time together. The last few nights, instead of sitting in our respective places and zoning out to TV, we've been on our feet, laughing, talking and playing games together.

I could be a Wii commercial.

It was a fantastic 11 year anniversary...with the promise of many more to come! I love you, honey.

1 comment:

bleu said...

Happy Anniversary that is so fantastic. here's to 11 more wonderful years!!