10/06/2008

Momma's Little Shadow

We had another fantastic weekend. Is it the weather?? Maybe...a lovely 70 degrees and bright sunshine both days. I adore weather like this...

So, Sunday we took Bailey to the Zoo. She's been a number of times, but of course, remembers none of them. She's been super interested in animals recently, so we thought we would see what she did with real animals.

We had a fabulous time! Bailey loved it all, and spent most of the time walking (running) from exhibit to exhibit. She was cute as we walked by the pandas - every time she would get to a new opening in the fence, she would crouch down low and "look" for the animals. She spotted many of them and seemed entirely confused about it all. She enjoyed the small mammal house most of all - she loved the little monkeys that darted all over the place and the small, rodent-like animals best of all.

Kelly and I were pretty sad though it...it's hard for both of us to see animals trapped in cages. I hate it. But, there you go. After an incredibly over-priced lunch that Bailey wouldn't touch, we brought her home where she took a 4 hour nap!

So...she shadow part? Well, as I was attempting to herd Bailey, I kept getting ahead of her. I would turn around and walking backwards, looking at Kelly. Every single time that I turned around, Bailey did too and walked backwards! The first time, I thought she was about to make a break in the opposite direction. But she didn't. She started walking backwards. Just like me. Then, when I would turn around and face front, she would too. SERIOUSLY cute.

Another of Bailey's traits is that she loves to clean with us. Any time of cleaning or yard work will do. She had the time of her life last night - Kelly was cutting down the dead flowers and Bailey was picking them up and putting them in the garbage. A minor incident with a HUGE spider put the damper on yard work for me, but Bailey loved it. And isn't afraid of spiders at all. But, speaking of the mimicking...Kelly killed the huge spider. It jumped out of the garbage bag and when it hit the sidewalk, Kelly stamped on it. I know, I know...but that spider was huge. Second later, along comes Bailey, stamping madly in the same spot as Kelly.

She's so freakin' awesome. God, we love being her Moms.

About Littler Honey - Kelly is feeling him or her every day, about four times a day she reports. He or she is very active after Kelly eats or when she squishes her belly. She is looking very pregnant now - there is no hiding it. Her belly is completely transformed from the flat tummy she's lived with her entire life into a smooth, round, baby ball. She's absolutely beautiful.

We are waiting with anticipation for Friday's ultrasound. I've said it before, but I can't wait until we know if we are having a little boy or a little girl. Bailey thinks it is going to be a "sister". We taught her "brother" and "sister". Every time we ask her now if she wants a brother or a sister, she answers sister.

I'm sick today, so headed home soon. I'm wanting to curl up on the couch and bury my head. Nothing major...just a cold. But yucky!

No comments: