9/12/2008

16 Weeks!

We've made it 16 weeks!!! We are 24 weeks away from this pregnancy being over (hopefully). 24 weeks away from holding our Littler Honey. 24 weeks away from introducing the person who will have the most significant impact on Bailey's young life yet. 24 weeks from becoming a ratio of 1-1 instead of 2-1. 24 weeks away from mind-blowing exhaustion and soul crushing happiness. 24 weeks from the jumping off point for the rest of our lives. 24 weeks from moving beyond the baby-planning and baby-making phase of our life. 24 weeks until we are a family of 4...just as we've always dreamed.

And only 28 days away from knowing if the little life inside of my beautiful wife's body is a little boy or girl.

Kelly said yesterday that she is just so anxious to know this time around. Last time we were much more calm about it - if we decided to know, fine. If not, fine. This time, we are chomping at the bit to put a name to the child we are growing.

This weekend is the county fair in our area. We are both looking forward to bringing Bailey and enjoying the fall festivities! We are going to do a bit of shopping, see the animals, play some games and eat some yummy fair-food. Kelly has already claimed that she will be eating fair french fries. I'm not sure what my treat will be. The first year we went, I was pregnant and ate a bunch of everything. The second year, Bailey was tiny, tiny, tiny and I carried her around in the sling all day. I think I ate fried dough. Why it matters, I don't know...but I always associate the fair with yummy fried food!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments: