8/04/2008

Pictures and Bobo

I know I promised a picture of Kelly belly...but she is being shy. Actually, the problem is that her normally flat tummy is not so flat right now...and yet it's not baby. It's bloat. Her uterus can be felt about an inch above her pubic hair line, but that doesn't account for her tummy. It pops right out - sometimes further than other times...but it's not baby. And she's shy about that, I think. She hasn't said "I'm shy"...but she did say that she didn't want to take a picture of bloat.

So for now, dear friends, the bloat is all mine to stare at, rub, talk to, kiss and generally make an ass of myself over. I love her bloat. I also love the little bit of her uterus that we can feel. I love that she is growing our child and I love that I am able to watch this happen. Her body is so different already...and it will only change more. I love every second of it.

We'll start posting pictures when Kelly's ready to share.

Bailey has changed the name of her Binky. This is the first time that she has taken something we've created (in this case a name) and changed it to fit her own thoughts. She calls her "binky" her "bobo". And, as we have always said we would, we have changed our name for it as well. After all - it is hers to change if she wants to.

She also uses Mommy and Momma interchangably. We are both Mommy and Momma depending on what name she is currently using. Doesn't matter who she's looking at and there is very little distinction between us.

Kelly and I still call each other Mommy and Momma, until such time as Bailey picks names for us and sticks to them. Then, we'll follow suit.

Bailey and I had another lovely adventure in the pool this weekend. She's really starting to love the water. Which is great...cause I love it too and when the kids are old enough, we'll be spending much of our summer the local pools. Slathered head to toe in SPF 50...but at the pool...

No comments: