8/29/2008

It's Raining Harder Than Ever...

But, I'm doing just fine today! We had our second doctor's appointment today and got to hear our littler honey's heartbeat. It was in the 150's, trending higher (towards the 160's). I'm not saying anything, but I'm going with the old wives tale...a heartbeat above 140 is a girl and below 140 is a boy. LOL - I truly don't care, though.

We got our 20-week ultrasound order, with a strict warning not to go in before we hit 20 weeks. We'll hit 20 weeks based on our calculated due date on October 10th, so that is the day that I'm setting it up for. They say that we are due one day later than we say we are due. Since their day falls on a Saturday, we're going with our day!!!!

This time, no secrets. We're finding out the gender and we'll share.

A word about gender this time - neither of us cares, and I'm the only one with a preference. If you were to tell me to pick, I'd pick a girl. Honestly, though, I don't care. There are some really cool things that would come with raising a son, and there are some really cool things that would come with raising another girl. We'll know in 6 weeks. Hopefully. I guess Littler Honey could be shy and not flash us. We'll see...

We got our questions answered and enjoyed a quick breakfast after the appointment. How wonderful it was to sit across a table for two with my beautiful wife and enjoy breakfast. How perfect to rectify my bluesy mood. I love her. God, I love her.

We fell asleep together last night and I ended up not waking her with my snoring. We slept the night through in the same bed. Therapy for the soul, I say...

We've got a lovely weekend planned - just chillin' with friends and hanging out. Hope you all enjoy yours!

1 comment:

bleu said...

So glad you are feeling better. As an SMC this is all really interesting and informative for me. I love reading about both of your dynamics together.

Much love.