8/06/2008

Could It Get Any Worse?

So, we thought that we might hit a break through in Kelly's sickness around 10 weeks, but we were wrong. It has gotten worse. In the last 6 days, Kelly has thrown up in the morning twice. Both times, she was spewing oatmeal in the shower right after waking up. Mind you, this is on two different kinds of anti-spew drugs.

The timing is right - HCG peaks in your system at around 10 weeks, holds steady for 2-3 weeks and then begins to decline around 13 weeks. It's the decline in HCG that will make this horrible sickness go away.

The science of it doesn't help. Kelly feels awful and is emotionally and physically exhausted from dealing with it day in and day out. She wants it over with, needs a break and can't wait to start feeling better. I'm with her. But it's easier for me. Honestly. No matter how hard it may be for me, it's harder for her. I know that.

Bailey slept like shit last night, which means I did too. She's got a cold and some minor allergies. The three nights before last night, she was taking Tylenol Cold before bed to help clear the congestion so that she could sleep. We didn't give her any last night, because her nose has cleared up mostly. But without the included antihistamine, she didn't sleep well. From 10:30 - 2:30, she was up 5 times. At 2:30, I finally held her for long enough that she fell into a deep sleep in my arms (I fell asleep in her room, holding her) and when I put her down she stayed asleep until 6:15. Of course, I got up at 4:45. I'm exhausted.

National Night Out was last night and we hosted. It was a wonderful experience. I am reminded every time we hang out with our neighbors how much I love our community. They are good people. They are planning an end-of-summer BBQ (not AT ALL planned by me)...and then Kelly and I are going to host a holiday party the first week of December. We had a great time.

No comments: