7/17/2008

Sexpert

I'm still contemplating how I become the latest and gratest sexpert. I've always been able to picture my goal, imagine my way there and then make it happen. It's how I got the girl, it's how I made it through college, it's how I've succeed at my jobs.

But, I have no idea how to attack this one.

I see many problems.

1) Sexology or some variation is not a mainstream field of study. The majority of the studies are coming out of San Francisco and I live on the other side of the country. It's not like Pheonix online offers distance learning classes on human sex.

2) I have no time or money to pursue this dream. That's a big one. We can't afford for me to go back to school. If we could, I'd head to one of the local college, and study psychology and biology with a focus on human sexuality. But we have no money and my $60K in loans that I already have means I'm not digging myself deeper. As for the time, I am willing to figure it out, even though it would mean not sleeping.

3) Once I've figured out the education side of it...cause let's face it, all I have on my side is a deep interested and bit of dabbling in the dark side on a personal level...how do I avoid becoming a boring sex therapist talking to people who can't seem to make their marriage spark? I want to dabble deeper into the sexual practices of the human being. Even though it may seem seedy to some, I'm interested in sexual perversion...or at least, what society deems as sexual perversion.

All these thoughts. I think, right now, the dream is unattainable. The best I can do is spend time at the library, check out books on the topic and read. Self-education is free and I can read on the bus as I commute.

*sigh* Why did I ever think I wanted a degree in busines???

1 comment:

treewater said...

Dude - you could eventually get some education in sociology/psychology/anthropology and become a research geek on the topic - or teach classes in a college/university :) Don't have to be a boring sex therapist! I bet reading up now is a good way to start, regardless of the money and time thing, since it will either give you ideas or turn you off. You'll feel it out. PLUS - the library is FREE!!! XOXO