6/27/2008

For You Bailey

This morning, as I was driving the car, with Bailey in the back seat, on our way to daycare, I heard a song. And as I was watching our daughter in the rearview mirror, and listening to the lyrics, I started crying. And couldn't stop until we pulled up in front of the day care and I had to get out. The entire song through, our Bailey waved her hands and crinkled her eyes at me in the mirror, as if she understood what I was feeling.

So...this one is for you, Bailey.

*******************************************

Gretchen Wilson - Holdin' You

I don't need whiskey to drown out the pain
Or some old umbrella to hold off the rain
Don't have to cross over a river of tears
All that I need is right here

Holding you holds me together
When holding on gets just a little too hard
When this tight rope I travel
Begins to unravel and I feel likeI'm falling apart
Holding you holds me together

You know life's a freight liner on
A runaway track
But I'll take the ride knowing
That you'll bring me back
No fate's too uncertain no distance too farA
s long as ou're here in my arms

Whenever I hold you tight
This crazy world of mine falls right in place
Whatever the trouble is
You find a way to give back what it takes

No comments: