6/30/2008

Another Trip to the Doctor

Bailey is running a fever again. Coincidently, it is only 2 days after she went off her last round of antibiotics for an ear infections/bacterial infection in the eye. I'm wondering if the antibiotic did not kill the ear infection and that is what is causing the temps. Because she seems to be running around in circles with ear infections, we are going to take her in this morning (even though we may find out that it's nothing). Better safe than sorry, I say.

Her doctors are a bit worried and want to "watch" her ears. I wonder what they will say this time around. I'm sure, if it is an ear infection again, they will want to start testing for larger problems.

Kelly and I are not too keen on Bailey being on so many antibiotics. The problem with ear infections is that they always prescribe antibiotics and we don't think she always needs them. The best medical research says that most ear infections are best treated with pain management rather than antibiotics. And there are all kinds of problems with giving a child antibiotics.

In any event, I will take her in to the doctors. Given that she has had so many, I want for them to take a look. Her fever was up to 102.1 last night, so that definitely indicates that something is wrong.

1 comment:

Susanica said...

Poor baby. I share your concern about so many antibiotics. I wonder what they'll learn in this examination. Please give Bailey a big hug for us. I had chronic ear infections as a kid so I have a special place in my heart for anyone who has to deal with that misery. Hope she's feeling better. -Monica