5/13/2008

Nuttin' Much

I would blog more if I had more to write about. I fear that I get tedious with my stories of commuting, cleaning, sleeping, grocery shopping, caring for our child, loving my wife, working and then getting up to do it all again. The details are boring. And not much changes, really.

But, we did have a wonderful Mother's Day. Bailey and I got Kelly a picture frame. One of those really dorky kinds that has sculpty clay. I rolled it out while she was eating and then cleaned her hands. The next few minutes of trying to get her to press her hand into the clay in any meaningful way were challenging. I ended up with a passable hand print, not quite centered on the clay, with some grime and cat hair thrown in for good luck. At this point, I began to work on the detailing- putting her name and date and some cutsey little message about how much Mommy is loved. Bailey picked that time to be "ALLLLLL DONE" with being in her high chair. When I didn't immediately react to pick her up and remove her from the high chair of hell, she began to scream. Loudly. Then she would pause. A few seconds later, more loud screaming. It took me a few minutes to get the messages written into the clay. They were sloppy and too thin to be seen from a distance. But, damn it, that picture frame went into the oven.

Can't say I didn't try! And Mommy seemed quite happy with it.

I got brunch at Mimi's - which is exactly what I was wanting. There is nothing like a warm coffee cake muffin and a monterey omlet with fresh avacado to make me a happy woman!

Karen spent some time with Bailey later in the day and Kelly and I actually got to spend a couple of hours alone. We went shopping. For Bailey. And then rushed back home to be with her, because honestly, we just plain missed her. She is our joy, our light, our center. And even much needed time alone seems to pale when she's not with us.

Guess that is how you know you've really transitioned into being a parent.

Happy Mother's Day everyone! Hope yours was a wonderful as ours!

No comments: