4/15/2008

Been A While

Phew...so much has happened since I last wrote and I haven't had any time to sit and post.

Briefly (because there are a million things to do today), I'll try to fill you in.

1) I'm on vacation. Last week M-Thur. was complete hell. Work was exhausting and wretchedly busy with my boss and my coworker out two days with a nasty stomach flu and me preparing to be on vacation. Ugg. Makes me shiver just to think about how rough it was.

2) On Thursday night, some of my oldest and dearest friends flew in from Maine with their daughter. We spent Friday playing tourist on the National Mall - did the entire loop and then spent some time at the Natural History Museum. Saturday found us in Baltimore enjoying the Inner Harbor and the Maryland Science Museum and then the Melting Pot for dinner. Sunday was spent at the Zoo. Monday was Spy Museum day. All the time in between was a ton of laughs, many bottles of wine, lots of fantastic conversation and very little sleep. We had a fantastic time. And I think they did too. I think they left exhausted...but with lots of good experiences. I can't wait to see you guys again!!!! I love you!

3) Today, I'm alone. Tonight, I pick up my Mom and Andrea from the airport. I need to spend the rest of the day cleaning up the house, getting the guest room cleaned and the bed remade. I need to clean the bathrooms. I need to finish the laundry. Lots of "need to".

4) Kelly and I are finally getting prepared for Bailey's birthday party. It will be on Saturday and it's gonna be so much fun! We are having it a bit early so that my Mom and Andrea can be present. We have picked a theme and one night this week we're going out to get all the stuff that we need. I have a vision and it's going to be SOOOO awesome!! Because many of the folks who read this are coming, I can't share too much...

Okay. Well. That doesn't seem like a lot. But I'm exhausted!!!! I can't wait for Mom and Andrea to be here. They will happily occupy our little girl's time and give me some time off my feet, off baby duty and just time to relax. I can't wait...seriously.

Pictures and more news to come!

No comments: