2/29/2008

Super Excited!!!

So I'm super excited today!!! I just found out yesterday that one of my dearest and oldest friends from high school is coming down to visit us in April!

Katie and I met during a time in our lives when we were both struggling to figure out what kind of women we were going to be. In fact, the night we met was when me, Steph and Andrea sort of crashed a little party that was happening at an old abandoned train station. The LoveShack we called it. That was also the night that I met Elijah and some other folks who ended up becoming pretty good friends through those years.

Katie was always one of the best of them. You know how in any group of hell-raising teens there are always a couple that you know are just going to "make it". No matter what else, I knew that Katie was one of those.

But before we got to that point, man, we raised some hell together! We had so much fun (and a couple of times, we didn't have quite as much fun...LOL). She and I were very close through most of that time, but our brief courtship with being badasses ended in a crash and burn event at Logan Airport in Boston. My one and only time in jail was spent with her and Stacey.

LOL - we grew up and like most old friends from high school, we lost touch for a while. During that time, she had a baby, fell in love with Jeremy (who was a guy in our little crazy group of friends) and got married. They have another daughter together now. And Katie did just what we all knew she would...she got into school, kicked ass and is now living a great life.

Amazingly, our friendship has endured through all this time.

And now..SHE IS COMING TO VISIT!!! And Jeremy may come too, which would just make everything so freakin' wonderful!!!!! They are also going to bring their oldest daughter with them...which will make it lots of fun while we sight see and catch up on old times. They will finally get to meet my Kelly and our Bailey.

I'm so happy!!! I've so needed some reconnection to my past. This is one of the people who knew me before I was the woman that I am today.

I cannot wait! I can't wait to see her, to hug her, to catch up, to show her around my city, to have her in my house, to be near her...but mostly, to just have a good time with someone that doesn't need me to pretend to be someone I'm not.

I love you, Katie!!! I can't wait...absolutely CAN NOT wait to see you!!!!

3 comments:

treewater said...

Entirely NOT fair that this is not happening when WE are coming to visit!!! What sheisty timing on my part!!!

treewater said...

....Too bad that we all can't be at your place at the same time for Junior's b-day! Would have been super cool to not only see you guys, but Katie & Jeremy & Sammy too :) Ahhh... The good ol' days...

Katie Morang said...

Yup that's us in a nutshell
It seems like a life time ago
Like an out of body experience.
I want you to know that this post means more to me than I can put into words.
We are going to have such a great time....