2/28/2008

All is Forgiven

I was kinda mean to Kelly in my last post. I offer my apologies...

The thing is, I don't have anything against her desire to NOT go out. I mean, she spent lots of years doing the bar thing every night. While she was doing that, I was in high school. LOL.

Seriously, though, that is one of the biggest differences about us. I was always right on the "right" track. I never took time off from school - went straight into college from high school and then directly into grad school. After I dropped out of grad school, I was living with Kelly and we were busy being real adults. I never really got a chance to just party and enjoy myself.

On the other hand, Kelly did all that. She spent a couple of years before buckling down in college just working and partying. She's spent more time in gay bars than she would probably care to admit and she certainly doesn't find any humor or excitment in the drama of it all. Honestly, she's just over it.

And I get that. I do. I understand it from her perspective and I respect that she doesn't want to party with me.

BUT. (there is always a 'but', isn't there?)

The problem that I have is that I don't have friends that go out anymore. My Joce is in New Mexico. My Max is in New York. My Erika is in Maine. My Rodney is not with us anymore. The people in my life who REALLY know how to rock and have a good time are not around me. And I don't want to go out alone.

First, it's lonely. Second, I don't want to deal with anyone who may see me as fresh meat (I may be being optomistic here, but you never know...some one may find me attractive). Third, it's just not safe to walk around the streets of DC by yourself on a Saturday night. I do have to think about my safety. Because while I want to dance, I don't want to be mugged, raped or worse to make it happen.

So, when what I hear from Kelly is "nope, sorry"...I just get pissed off, because I'm not sure what my other options are except to just stay home. Which, as I think I established yesterday, isn't an option.

See where the frustration comes from?

So anyway. My momma - who is a wicked fun lady is gonna go dancing with me in April while they are here. I'm excited about that! We've been out once or twice before together and always had a great time. It always makes me laugh...because we dance the same! Hehehehe...

Anyone interested in going with us? Or going out before then? (Karen, this is directed at you. I KNOW you know how to party hard!).

So, honey, I'm sorry I was so mean. And I do understand. I hope you understand where I'm coming from too. I love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A couple of thoughts

1. Being married does not preclude you from having your own friends that serve to indulge interests that your spouse does not share. In fact it is your duty to take care of yourself first whether coupled or single. Have you considered seeking out friends in the geographic area that may share your interests? I have found friends that share all kinds of interests from wine tasting and hiking to art and cooking....definitely not all in the same person. I'm certain that with a little effort you can find someone who likes to go out dancing occasionally.

2. I'm with Kelly on the Phase bar scene. Really there are much safer places to go on a Saturday night. I've been to that bar alone on the weekends years ago, and it's not really as exciting as it might have been when I was 20. The area is dangerous. Many people I've talked to have had problems in that area late at night. I really don't think it's a safe idea to drink as much as you are thinking of drinking and then trying to get home. You might consider a swank bar called Halo. They use to have 2/4/1 drink specials until 9PM. Mostly men, but cool mood and good music. There is also www.adifferentkindofladiesnight.com which hosts parties that are very nice with drink specials beautiful women and good DJ. I'd even meet you at one of the parties hosted by this group.
MM

Mikki said...

Yeah - I get the whole "seperate friends" thing. That doesn't work so well when you have about 15 minutes to devote to frienships a month. It's hard to find time to do anything for ourselves, much less have seperate circles of friends that we do seperate things with. LOL - I'd never see my wife then. But, I do hear what you're saying. When Bailey is older and our next is older, we'll have more time for that.

As for the bar scene - I'm not interested in the boy parties. I'm just not. In order to not offend any boys out there that I love dearly, I'll try not to be too harsh...but I'm just not interested in being around male energy. I don't like it.

I don't care about beautiful women either. I've got one of those. My objective is to find a loud dance floor, with bass that I can feel though my feet, that drives me like a heartbeat and blows the thoughts from head. Any place where I can find that (along with a good bar) will work for me.

The other thing...I'm all talk. I won't go out alone. I wouldn't risk myself that way. I'll just sit and stew and pout and bitch.

LOL - I'll get it worked out. I always do!

Mikki said...

OH...and I would LOVE to go dancing with you, MM! Sounds like the place you suggested is a good time. I'm game. Wanna make a date?