12/28/2007

Christmas

Okay - well, I've tried to upload a bunch of videos and for whatever reason, I've not been able to make it work. I'll keep trying and eventually, I'll get it!

Christmas was wonderful!!! Our trip to West Virginia was nice - it was wonderful to see family and for Bailey to have some time with her Nana. We ended up making the drive there and back in one day, so we were exhausted by the time we actually got home. Bailey, of course, slept the entire way back home. We just didn't want to repeat the hotel nightmare that we had experienced in Hershey.

After that, it was just relaxing all weekend long. Sunday and Christmas Eve were spent just hanging out. We took Bailey out a couple of times and even braved the mall on Christmas Eve! Poor Bailey...she just gets so bored when she is stuck at home alone with us!

Our first Christmas Eve as parents was wonderful! When Santa came, he introduced himself (not that we needed an introduction) and congratulated us on such a beautiful daughter. He then proceeded to fill us in on the secret parent/santa code and how it all works once you have children. It was quite facinating and incredibly exciting!

After that, Kelly and I headed to bed. I was up super early the next morning but waited to get up until Kelly was ready. Actually - I woke her up before she was ready, but whatever. We had about an hour to do our stockings before Bailey woke up. In future years, we'll all do it together (or Bailey will get up before us and do hers), but this year was special.

Kelly has spent the last month hinting that something wonderful is going to happen for Christmas. She's dropped hints and left little clues. I've gotten more and more excited as Christmas has gotten closer.

In the bottom toe of my stocking, after reading an incredible love note (the details of which, I won't share...LOL), I found a beautiful five-stone diamond anniversary band. It is absolutely stunning and I am so happy!!! Kelly couldn't have picked a more perfect ring for me (it's exactly my style) and she couldn't have presented it in a better way. Thank you, honey...I love you!!!

Once Bailey finally woke up, we did our usual tradition of eating cinnomon rolls and orange juice before opening presents. Karen came over to share in the festivities of Bailey's first Christmas. And Bailey was a champ!!! She tore at the paper and kept at it until all the gifts were opened. There were a few times that she got overwhelmed and needed to be comforted...but over all, she did great!!! There was tons of stuff from us and from Santa, so it was a busy morning for her.

After presents were opened, B went down for a nap. She ended up sleeping for 3 1/2 hours!!!!! Talk about exhuasted! This, from a girl who doesn't nap...

The rest of the day we just relaxed and watched a movie and got ready for the week to begin. It was a lovely holiday!

Tormenting Camryn (isn't Camryn sweet???)

With Aunt TT at Nana's house

Bailey really loves her Nana!

After Santa Visited

What is it???

It's a...It's a...hmmmm...what is it???

Hehehe...I am the Christmas DEVIL!

My Perfect Girls

The Ring

No comments: