9/17/2007

Horrid

Honestly, I've become such a crappy blogger. It's not for lack of cool new developments or great little stories. It's not because I haven't taken a million pictures of Bailey. It's not because I want to neglect all of you who care about us and our family...

It's simply because we're SO busy all the time. We run from early morning till we drop at night. We work constantly. "Relaxing" means that our list of things to do is short - not that we actually get to stop. After we do everything we have to do, and then a couple of things we want to do, there is no time to do the things we should do...like keeping up with the blog.

Regardless - we are all doing very well. Bailey is just the light that brightens all of our days. We've gone from what was a very, very difficult first couple of months into having a dream child. She's friendly, funny, easy to be with and easy to entertain. She loves people, loves to interact with us and the world around her. She's inquisitive and so very sweet. Her bright blue eyes seems to absorb the world and the world responds right back. There isn't a day that goes by that someone does stop on the street and smile and touch her.

She's healthy, strong and developing normally. I'd like to say that she is so far advanced from her peers, but I don't think she is. She's just a normal, beautiful little girl with two parents who love her more than life itself.

Mommy and Momma are doing well. I think that we've finally redefined "normal". We are starting to actually have time to spend together...even if it is just stolen moments before we fall asleep. We are also having some time (and energy) to tackle projects like organizing the garage and utilizing our shed. We are excited for the coming holidays and have arranged for a vacation for the three of us.

All told, things are good. Life is different than before, and I would argue, better. We are where we wanted to be. We are living the life we've envisioned for ourselves. It took a little work, and a lot of Prozac, to get us to this point...but we've found our way.

I wish that I had more extraordinary news to report, but honestly, I'm just happy that life ISN'T so complicated. I've had enough adjusting and rearranging for right now. I'm so happy to look around my world and feel like it is familiar again. I'll go with "normal" for a while. Boring. Easy. Predictable. Stable.

No comments: