8/10/2007

Waiting for Miss. B

It's 6:40 in the morning. Bailey has been sleeping, without waking up, since 7:45 last night. This is now her third night in a row, sleeping like this. I hesitate to say that we're seeing a trend, because I don't want to jinx it...but MAN! This is lovely!!! I haven't had uninterrupted sleep like this since before I was pregnant!!!! Even if it's just a few days worth, it's been wonderful...

I'll have to wake her up in about 20 minutes if she is no up on her own.

Things actually seem to be settling down a little. Maybe the right term is that it seems things are smoothing out. Bailey is acting more and more like other children - a little less loud, a little less demanding, and a little more easy going. I have a theory that it is as much about Bailey's age as it is about my stress level. Honestly, I'm 100% less stressed about parenting now that I'm back to work.

Work provides me with the reminder that I'm pretty good at what I do. Ironically, that spills over into feeling good about being a parent. And a healthy dose of missing Bailey all day goes a long way to actually being able to tolerate the fall outs when they happen in the evening. It's a lot easier to try to comfort a screaming baby when you actually have some energy to devote to her. I'm a better parent now, than I've ever been. That might be difficult for the die-hard, stay at homers to understand...but it is what's real for me.

Anyway - the point is that I think we may have turned a corner. I think that we are finally getting our true groove as a family. The worst of the major adjusting seems to be over for right now. It's time to breathe for a few days and just enjoy each other...and get ready for the next major shift...which I'm sure it just around the corner!!!!

No comments: