7/15/2007

Have I Ever Mentioned...

...that I ADORE being Bailey's Momma?

I'm not sure that I've said that yet. Amidst all of my struggle and outright bitching about the ways things have changed, I may have forgotten to slip in there that this is such an incredible thing to be doing.

I love the way that she looks at me. I love her little smiles. I love it when we take a bath together and she quiets down and completely relaxes again my body, kicking her little arms and legs. I love the way she smells. I love the way her cheeks gives as I kiss those round little balls. I love the way that snuggles her face into my neck and seems to smell me. I love the little things she does that are so cute my heart nearly breaks. I love it that when I'm feeding her, she grabs my hands and clings to them. I love it when I catch her waking up and she lifts her little arms above her head, thrusts her back and hips up, lifts her chin to the sky and stretches like she's never stretched before.

I love how I feel when other people look at her and just coo and glow with her beautiful she is. I love it that for all my struggles and angst, Bailey is smart and beautiful and seems to be growing just fine. I love it that, in the end, this little doll baby is all ours and that we didn't have to struggle with infertility to make it happen.

I'm just in love with our Bailey. I'm in love with my role as her Momma. I've never loved a person like I love her. It goes without saying that words do not do justice to what my heart feels.

Finally. These seem to be the blissful motherhood feelings that I expected 10 weeks ago!

No comments: